Thread: Wrap job

Wrap job

Instead of painting the car I decided to wrap the car. I contacted the gents at Phenomenal Vinyl and this is what was done. Silver with blue highlights, carbon roof and red stripes.
    DSC00270.jpg

IMG_20150803_135703.jpg
    2014 Ultima GTR, LS7, Albins ST6-M, Sat nav, Motec ECU, PDM, Keypad, Ride height control,

2009 Factory Five Cobra, 427w, Stack fuel injection, TKO600

Re: Wrap job

How well does the wrap stick to the gel coat finish?

I've had it on the car for 2 years now. it also works great as a stone guard.
    It been on three tracks and only one small chip in wrap none in gel coat.
    2014 Ultima GTR, LS7, Albins ST6-M, Sat nav, Motec ECU, PDM, Keypad, Ride height control,

Rscocca

You had said in the past that the top of your windshield has the wrap on it. I have seen reports about the GTR of the "Gold Fish Bowl" effect when looking through the windshield, and that the top wrap stops that.

What is the "Gold Fish Bowl" effect? Distortion in the outward view? or Too much view? Or ?

Honestly could not tell you what the "gold fish effect is" I'm assuming (Insert your own joke here) that it means you feel like your in a gold fish bowl since the shield comes way up above you. I have not ever experienced this as the wrap has always been on the windshield.
    I do know that the wrap on the top of the windshield acts like a sun visor and you need to stop the car back a little to see traffic lights.