Thread: Front brake Duct install

Front brake Duct install

last week I installed the pass front brake duct that is supplied as part as the Revolution upgrades.
    Today I installed the Left side one in the pod. Below are a series of photos to help those that wish to attempt this modification. Yes it can be done on a completed car.

First step is to cut and tape the supplied template to the pod, Its straight forward and easy. As you see in the photo just line it up with top edge of pod and were the spider over laps the pod.
    20151205_113450_001.jpg 20151205_113456 (1).jpg
    Next, I know there are other options for trimming the body but this is what I did, I'm no body man.
    I drill a series of small holes to outline were to cut then used a small dermal with a cutting blade.

20151205_114551.jpg 20151205_114912.jpg

Next job is the fun one, as there is really no room for error. On the wheel side there is plenty of overhang from the duct to hide any errors, on the pod outer side all is seen by the world.
    I masked off were to drill and cut, cut an opening a lot smaller then what is needed then sand to fit.

20151205_115652.jpg
    2014 Ultima GTR, LS7, Albins ST6-M, Sat nav, Motec ECU, PDM, Keypad, Ride height control,

2009 Factory Five Cobra, 427w, Stack fuel injection, TKO600

Sand almost till there is no ridge on the pod and you'll be just about there. It should be a smooth transition from duct to pod.
    20151205_131544.jpg
    Any small gap will be filled with black silicone adhesive. and the rest of the exit of the duct will be painted in black.

Here are some completed picks of Right side.

20151205_115835.jpg
    Not sure if I'll bolt or rivet in, I'm leaning towards bolting since my ECU and other electronics' are mounted low in the front pods now.

And a shot of me ready for the blue man group.
    20151205_131602.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Ultima GTR, LS7, Albins ST6-M, Sat nav, Motec ECU, PDM, Keypad, Ride height control,

Re: Front brake Duct install

Greatly appreciate the photos and instructions. Do you have a copy of the template file?

Hi Ken,
    I can make some up in the morning, I'll use existing openings as I have not closed them off yet.

GREATLY appreciated. Did the factory send you the templates with the ducts or did you download them?

pass side tempate.jpg

Hi Ken,
    I hope this comes out on your side. Click on it. if not I have it PDF to email to you.
    The factory does supply very accurate templates for both sides.
    On the wheel side there is a lot of forgiveness as the duct has a lot of overlap, in the side you have to sneak up on it.

where did you get those ducts? Our car doesn't have them in it and would like to add them.

Those ducts only come from the factory, They are standard on the new Evolution model I believe. After all was done I had an issue wit the left tire rubbing on left turns on the duct. I have since flush mounted and problem is gone. I thinks my left pod is about 3 mm forward and that was with factory pre-fit.
    It not that hard to install, cut, sand, fit, sand, fit, repeat till flush.