Thread: BFG Rival S

BFG Rival S

I am currently running the BFG Rival S tires. With the One Lap of America you have to use a street tire with a minimum UTQG Treadwear rating of 140. With this rule I selected the Rivals. Practiced on the Rival then the Rival S was released and used these for the One Lap. I am extremely impressed with these tires and would recommend them. Had Michelin Cup tires prior and in the past has tried Toyo RA1s. RA1s are no longer available in the size needed. Haven't tried the R888s but hear they are very good with a UTQG of 100.

Re: BFG Rival S

Quote Originally Posted by 2001ultima View Post
    I am currently running the BFG Rival S tires. With the One Lap of America you have to use a street tire with a minimum UTQG Treadwear rating of 140. With this rule I selected the Rivals. Practiced on the Rival then the Rival S was released and used these for the One Lap. I am extremely impressed with these tires and would recommend them. Had Michelin Cup tires prior and in the past has tried Toyo RA1s. RA1s are no longer available in the size needed. Haven't tried the R888s but hear they are very good with a UTQG of 100.
    The R888s are very popular with the Dodge Viper group (as well as Kumhos for racing), so I assume they would work well for the Ultima cars.

I am very curious on what kind of wheel/tire combo I can use on the Evolution, I like the Deep Dish wheel look (The new Braid wheels are not deep enough for me - if I have a choice).
    red-deep-rims.jpg