Thread: RACELOGIC Traction Control no longer being sold

RACELOGIC Traction Control no longer being sold

I just saw this while looking for traction control products:

"...RACELOGIC Traction Control. After nearly twenty years and with many thousands of units sold, we have regretfully taken the decision to discontinue our Traction Control system. We will continue to support our first hand Traction customers for the lifetime of the product. If you have purchased the unit second or third hand, please use our online materials for help. You may be charged for personal support....."

Anyone have a recommendation for another traction control product?

Re: RACELOGIC Traction Control no longer being sold

I had the Race logic working for awhile.
    I have since changed to Motec engine management M170, It has Traction control and launch control built in. You just need speed sensors. Luckily the sensors from the Racelogic unit were still usable.

Holey Dominator EFI also has traction control, word of caution, there CAN communication only works with Holley and one other company, it is not universal.
    2014 Ultima GTR, LS7, Albins ST6-M, Sat nav, Motec ECU, PDM, Keypad, Ride height control,

2009 Factory Five Cobra, 427w, Stack fuel injection, TKO600

I really have not looked at Engine control units in a long time, and I am not that familiar with the LS series engines (but will have to now). I assume any ECU can be used for the LS? and if I go "Low Tech" and get a carb and distributor type engine, I would not need a control unit? or does the speedometer need one?

The speedo used was from Speedhut. Ita a GPS sensor Speedo, so no need to get a signal from trans and if you change tires or gearing it adjust automatically.
    The Factory LS crate motor package (engine, harness, ECU and pedal are all matched and a great starting point. I like FI for the simple reason I can drive to altitude with no issues.
    2014 Ultima GTR, LS7, Albins ST6-M, Sat nav, Motec ECU, PDM, Keypad, Ride height control,

2009 Factory Five Cobra, 427w, Stack fuel injection, TKO600